The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- In the only game of the night Toronto bested Winnipeg in a shootout to improve to 4-0-1 on the season. Toronto’s Phil Kessel, who has his share of critics, picked up a goal and two assists in the game and now has 12 points in just five games this season.
- Tobias Enstrom scored the first power play goal of the season for the Winnipeg Jets last night, which leaves the Rangers as the only team that has yet to score on the man advantage. Winnipeg picked up its second power play goal later in the game. The Jets started the season 0-for-17 on the man advantage.
- Winnipeg rookie Mark Scheifele scored his first goal in the loss.
- The Philadelphia Flyers recalled top prospect Brayden Schenn from the AHL. It’s unclear where Schenn fits on Philly’s roster, but he would have made the team out of training camp if the Flyers weren’t up against the salary cap. Still, Philadelphia is stacked down the middle with Claude Giroux, Danny Briere, Max Talbot and fellow rookie Sean Couturier, so it’s hard to see where Schenn will fit in. The Flyers are off to a blazing start and somehow seem to have too many weapons even though Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are no longer with the team.
- Former Ranger Kevin Weekes dishes on Jaromir Jagr’s work ethic.
- Carolina sent top prospect Justin Faulk to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL.
- Coach Mike Babcock is not a fan of Detroit’s early-season schedule.
- The Dallas Stars are getting extremely close to having a new owner.
- New Jersey Devils’ goalie Martin Brodeur will miss the next 7-to-10 days with a bruised shoulder.
- Former Ranger Jody Shelley says being suspended is like being in prison.
- There are 11 games on the schedule tonight, highlighted by Washington @ Philadelphia which will be broadcast on the NHL Network at 7:00 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
9/21/11 - 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
9/22/11 - Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
9/23/11 - Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
9/26/11 – Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
9/27/11 – Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
9/28/11 – Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
9/29/11 – Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
9/30/11 – Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
10/3/11 – Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
10/4/11 – Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
10/5/11 – Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
10/6/11 – Hockey Is Back >
10/7/11 – Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
10/10/11 – Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
10/11/11 Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
10/12/11 – Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
10/13/11 – Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
10/14/11 – Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
10/17/11 – Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
10/18/11 – Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
10/19/11 – New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
10/20/11 - Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
Click here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.