The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- The Chicago Blackhawks look like they’ve put their Stanley
Cup hangover behind them. Chicago beat Nashville
5-4 in overtime as Viktor Stalberg scored the game-winner. Marian Hossa added three assists and Patrick
Kane scored twice for the Blackhawks.
Chicago is now 7-2-2 and tied for first place in the Western Conference.
- Evander Kane’s two goals propelled the Jets to a 4-3
shootout win over Florida. After a slow
start, the young Winnipeg sniper now has four goals in his last five games.
- Many believe that Sidney Crosby will return to action for
Pittsburgh’s next home game on November 11th.
- Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson is out at
least a week with a concussion suffered from an errant Wojtek Wolski elbow
- Phil Kessel was named the NHL’s October
player of the month.
- Buffalo wants more out of high-priced free agent signing
Ville Leino, so the Sabres moved rookie Luke Adam off their top line and replaced
him with Leino even though Adam, Tomas Vanek and Jason Pominville have been
- The New York Islanders placed
goon Trevor Gillies on waivers.
There’s been some thought that the Islanders could claim Sean Avery today, but the move more likely indicates the return of 2010 first-round pick
- New Jersey took Martin Brodeur off
- Minnesota sent top prospect Brett Bulmer back
to the WHL.
- Tim Hortons is the new
sponsor of the 2012 All-Star Game.
- The St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay will be renamed
the Tampa Bay Times Forum on January 1.
- Pro Hockey Talk provides an entertaining
guide to the NHL for disgruntled NBA fans.
- Here’s Elliotte Friedman’s “30
- There are five games on the schedule
tonight. Anaheim @ Washington will
be on Versus at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
11/1/11 – Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.