The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Marty Brodeur struggled in net last night for the New Jersey
Devils, who lost 5-3 to Toronto. Joffrey
Lupul’s hat trick sent Brodeur to his 352nd career loss, tied
for the most all time. The Devils
three in a row and five out of their last six games.
- Philadelphia scored three times on Buffalo goalie Ryan
Miller in the first seven minutes of last night’s tilt, chasing him from the
game. The Flyers went on to win 3-2.
- Phoenix cruised by Colorado 4-1 led by goalie Mike Smith,
who made 39 saves, and forward Radim Vrbata who potted two goals.
- The NHL is looking to add more hockey holidays like the
Winter Classic and will introduce the “Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown” on “Black Friday,” the day after Thanksgiving,
when Detroit and Boston will clash.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins was named the
NHL’s Rookie of the Month for October.
- After briefly experimenting with moving Zach Parise, the Devils
him back to left wing.
- Carolina forward Jussi Jokinen will miss the
next three-to-four weeks with a leg injury.
- Winnipeg defenseman Tobias Enstrom is out
for at least four games with an upper-body injury.
- Detroit sent Swedish prospect Gustav Nyquist back to
the AHL after just one game with the big club.
- Montreal signed 2010 first-round pick Jarred Tinordi to an
- The secret to Max Pacioretty’s success? The Canadien eats
a lot of bison.
- Coors Light is now the official
beer of the NHL after signing a sponsorship deal worth a reported $375
- The NBC Sports Network (currently known as Versus) will
broadcast 16 college hockey games this season. There’s your chance to see Chris Kreider.
- There are 10 games on the schedule
tonight. I’ll have my eye on
Pittsburgh @ San Jose.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
11/3/11 – Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.