The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- The big story of the weekend came on Saturday when Boston
Lucic blasted Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller, who had come far out of the
crease to play the puck. Miller is out
indefinitely with a concussion and
called Lucic a “gutless
piece of s#*%.” Contrary to popular
was not fair game just because he was out of his crease. Lucic has a hearing with Brendan Shanahan
today and could face suspension. Losing
Miller is a blow to Buffalo, but the Sabres have the luxury of a terrific
backup goalie. Jhonas Enroth has
outplayed Miller by a mile this season, so the Sabres may not miss a beat. Perhaps more troubling for Buffalo was the
team’s response to Lucic. No Sabre tried
to fight Lucic even though the team’s franchise goalie was crumpled in pain on
the ice and Lucic played the rest of the game unharmed. Lucic himself admitted the Bruins “wouldn’t
accept anything like that.”
- The Islanders lost for the
ninth time in 10 tries yesterday at the hands of the Vancouver
Canucks. For the fourth time in six
games the Islanders allowed
a goal on the first shot they faced.
Evgeni Nabokov also ceded a
goal on the first shot he faced in the second period. Roberto Luongo picked up his 200th win
as a Canuck in the victory.
- Jonathan Toews and Steve Montador each scored twice yesterday to
lead Chicago over Edmonton 6-3. Chicago
has an NHL-leading 25 points on the season.
- Nashville lost its 1000th
game on Saturday in overtime to Montreal.
Coach Barry Trotz and GM David Poile have been with the team for all
- Jeff Carter returned
to Columbus’s lineup for Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Winnipeg.
- New Jersey rookie defenseman Adam Larsson scored
his first NHL goal on Friday.
- Colorado named right wing Milan Hejduk its captain this morning. Hejduk is the third captain in team history.
- Minnesota forward Guillaume Latendresse is out
indefinitely with a concussion.
- Detroit defenseman Ian White is
out one-to-two weeks after suffering a fractured cheekbone from blocking a
shot with his face.
- Los Angeles placed Dustin Penner on
injured reserve with a hand injury.
- Anaheim defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky is out
four weeks with a broken finger.
- Dallas defenseman Alex Goligoski is also out
four weeks with a broken thumb.
- 2010 first-round pick Nino Niederreiter will join the New
York Islanders in time for tomorrow’s game against the Rangers after
three goals in three games in an AHL conditioning assignment.
- Islanders forward Matt Moulson thinks teammate Michael
score 70 goals.
- NHL All-Star voting is now open. Head over to NHL.com and cast your vote and don’t
forget to write in Dan Girardi.
- Former Ranger prospect Dane Byers went
crazy after being pummeled by Islanders prospect Michael Haley in an AHL
fight this weekend.
- There are three games on the schedule
tonight. Buffalo @ Montreal will be
on Versus at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
11/14/11 – Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.