The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Boston forward Milan Lucic wasn’t suspended for his open-ice
hit on Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller that resulted in a concussion for the
Sabre. Boston GM Peter Chiarelli released
a statement following the decision and took a shot at Miller for
his choice language about Lucic following Saturday’s game: "I am also
proud that Milan took the high road, and chose not to engage in an exchange of
words after the unfortunate comments that were made about him following the
- NHL disciplinarian was not pleased with Buffalo’s reaction
to the whole fiasco and called the Sabres “completely
- Miller’s replacement, Jhonas Enroth, helped the Sabres beat
Montreal in a shootout 3-2. Of course since
the Sabres have proven they won’t protect their goalies, Montreal forward Erik
through Enroth during the tilt. Tyler
a healthy scratch for Buffalo because of his dreadful early season play.
- Jaromir Jagr has a serious man-crush on Claude Giroux. After comparing Giroux to Mario Lemieux
before the season, Jagr said
Giroux is among the top three players in the game after last night’s 5-3
victory over Carolina. Giroux tallied
two goals and an assist, giving him 11 markers and 11 helpers on the year.
- Winnipeg chased Tampa Bay goalie Dwayne Roloson after a
period and a half in which Roloson gave up four goals on 22 shots. The Jets went on to win 5-2.
- Mark Howe stole the show at yesterday’s Hockey Hall of Fame
induction ceremony. You can watch his
speech, along with speeches by Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk here.
- Sidney Crosby won’t
play for the Penguins tonight and Pittsburgh insists that it will inform
the world of Crosby’s return at least a day in advance.
- Anaheim claimed wing Niklas Hagman off
re-entry waivers from Calgary. The
teams will split his cap hit.
- Former Rangers’ prospect Roman Horak will
stick in the NHL with Calgary. The
Flames have told Horak to find a permanent residence.
- The league’s general managers will
discuss the 1-3-1 system at their meetings this week.
- Former Philadelphia center Keith Primeau won’t
play in the Winter Classic alumni game.
Primeau is still suffering from concussion symptoms and considers the
game too dangerous.
- At NHL.com Dave Lozo did an entertaining job of constructing
power rankings by comparing
NHL teams to TV shows.
- Here are Elliotte Friedman’s “30
- There are nine games on the schedule tonight. Colorado @ Pittsburgh will be on Versus at
7:30 p.m., but without Crosby playing that matchup loses some luster.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
11/15/11 – Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.