The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Pittsburgh scored four times in the third period to come
roaring back from a 3-2 deficit and beat the Colorado Avalanche. During the final frame, Evgeni Malkin undressed Colorado rookie Gabriel Landeskog for this
beautiful goal. But Malkin’s marker
was nothing compared to Matt Duchene’s goal
of the year candidate.
- Phoenix sent Toronto to its fourth
straight loss on home ice as the Coyotes slipped by the Leafs 3-2 in a
shootout. Toronto did score twice in the
third period to garner a point. Since
the lockout Phoenix has beaten Toronto all six times the teams have played and
the Coyotes have
outscored the Leafs 29-13.
- Boston beat New Jersey for its sixth straight win. The Bruins have outscored their opponents
34-13 during the streak. Nick Palmieri scored twice for New Jersey.
- Florida goalie Scott Clemmensen shutout the Dallas Stars and
the surprising Panthers erupted for six goals of their own. Stephen Weiss picked up three points and was
a plus-6 and Brian Campbell was a plus-5.
- Minnesota beat Columbus for its seventh win in nine tries,
but Blue Jackets’ forward Antoine Vermette did snap a
21-game goal-less drought. The loss
dropped Columbus to 3-13-1.
- St. Louis forward Chris Stewart has a hearing with NHL disciplinarian
Brendan Shanahan this morning due to this
board of Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall. Stewart will surely be suspended.
- Darren Dreger reports that a team has offered a second-round
pick plus a player to Toronto for
defenseman Cody Franson. The Rangers
were thought to be interested in Franson.
- Boston Coach Claude Julien on Milan
Lucic’s controversial hit on Ryan Miller: "if Milan intended on
hitting him (Miller), he'd have never got up."
- The Islanders scratched
promising youngster Kyle Okposo last night against the Rangers.
- There have been conflicting reports, but it sounds like
have contacted veteran goalie Marty Turco.
- Florida forward Scottie Upshall is out six-to-eight weeks with a hip
- Puck Daddy examines the 10
best candidates for the 2012 Hall of Fame class.
- There are four games on the schedule
tonight. New Jersey @ Buffalo will
be on Versus at 7:30 p.m., but the true game of the night is Chicago @
Vancouver at 10:00 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
11/16/11 – Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.