The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Cory Schneider will make his sixth-straight
start for Vancouver in goal tonight even though Roberto Luongo is healthy. It’s a legitimate debate over which
goaltender is the better player right now, but the Canucks continue to insist
that Luongo is their No. 1 guy between the pipes. Of course, Luongo’s ludicrous contract might
have something to do with that. Now
Vancouver has an even tougher decision to make because Schneider’s value will
never be higher. So should the Canucks
trade him now to maximize their return or should they hang onto him because
they’re uncomfortable with Luongo?
Schneider will be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Jonathan Quick picked up his fourth shutout as the L.A.
Kings dropped San Jose 2-0.
- The Minnesota Wild just keeps winning. Minnesota beat Tampa Bay 3-1 last night to
keep pace with Chicago for the Western Conference lead.
- Nick Spaling’s third period goal helped Nashville end a
four-game losing streak as the Predators beat Edmonton 2-1.
- Rumor has it that Anaheim is dangling
Bobby Ryan as trade bait. The Ducks
have been awful and Ryan hasn’t gotten off to a great start, but is trading him
really the answer? Anaheim has had the
league’s best top line (Ryan/Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry) in recent years and the
Ducks might live to regret it if they break up that trio. And no, the Rangers likely won’t be involved
in bidding for Ryan.
- Montreal’s Max Pacioretty was suspended
for three games for his head shot on Kris Letang on Sunday.
- Buffalo’s Ryan Miller isn’t
sure that Milan Lucic gave him a concussion after all.
- Philadelphia defenseman Chris Pronger underwent knee surgery
yesterday and is expected to
be out four weeks. Will he be back
in time for the Winter Classic?
- New York Islanders’ forward Jay Pandolfo is out four-to-six
a broken foot.
- Dallas goalie Kari Lehtonen will be out for three weeks with
a groin injury.
- Edmonton forward Taylor Hall will miss two-to-four weeks with
a shoulder injury.
- Montreal recalled
top forward prospect Louis Leblanc.
- It doesn’t sound like Islanders’ Coach Jack Capuano will be
following Bruce Boudreau and Paul Maurice to the unemployment line after owner
Charles Wang gave
him a vote of confidence yesterday.
- Hockey Canada released its
World junior team selection camp roster yesterday. Christian Thomas was invited.
- James Mirtle compiled a spreadsheet of how every NHL team
since the 2011 All-Star break.
- Here are Elliotte Friedman’s “30
- There are eight games on the schedule tonight. Both Washington’s Dale Hunter and Carolina’s Kirk
Muller will make their coaching debuts.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
11/29/11 – Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.