The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- St. Louis ruined Dale Hunter’s coaching debut by beating
Washington 2-1. The Capitals hope that
Hunter can have the same impact on their club that Ken Hitchcock has had on the
Blues. Under Davis Payne, St. Louis
allowed three or more goals six times in 13 games this year, but since
Hitchcock took the reins the Blues have only
done that once in 11 games. In the
process, St. Louis has climbed up to fourth place in the Western Conference.
- Florida also spoiled Kirk Muller’s coaching debut in
Carolina as the Panthers upended the Hurricanes 3-1. Florida is 13-7-4.
- Vancouver goalie Cory Schneider made 47 saves en route to
his fifth straight win as the Canucks beat Columbus 4-1. In his last five starts Schneider is 5-0-0
.79 goals against average, a .976 save percentage and two shutouts. Should Roberto Luongo ever start again?
- Al Montoya is getting closer to nailing down the starting
gig for the New York Islanders as he turned in his third straight solid start
and beat Buffalo 2-1.
- Zack Smith and Jason Spezza each scored twice to help Ottawa
outscore Winnipeg 6-4. Evander Kane scored twice for the Jets.
- 39-year-old Ray Whitney chipped in three points as Phoenix
picked up a 4-1 road win over Chicago. Teemu
Selanne gets all the hype, but Whitney has been terrific late into his 30s and
has eight goals and 13 assists this season.
- Miikka Kiprusoff picked up his 41st career shutout as
Calgary slipped by Nashville 1-0.
- Ryan Miller has no
interest in being traded, obviously.
- However, Bobby Ryan “wouldn’t
be surprised” if he was traded.
- Carolina claimed
Andreas Nodl off waivers from the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Chicago forward Dan Carcillo is getting his own
music-related radio show called “The
- Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov could
return as soon as tonight against Anaheim.
- There are five games on the schedule
tonight. Tampa Bay @ Detroit will be
on Versus at 7:30 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
11/30/11 – Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.