The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Claude Giroux’s four-point night pushed Philadelphia past
Buffalo in overtime 5-4. Giroux tallied
three assists to go along with his overtime-game winner. He now has the most points in the NHL this
season (36). Jaromir Jagr also scored
his ninth goal of the season for the Flyers, moving him just one marker
behind Brendan Shanahan on the all-time list.
- Kirk Muller got his first victory as Carolina’s coach as the
Hurricanes beat Edmonton 5-3. Sophomore
Jeff Skinner scored his 12th goal of the season to help Carolina snap a
seven-game losing streak.
- Washington scored four times in the third period to upend Ottawa
5-3. Defenseman John Carlson had three
points in the bout. Check out Nick
goal for the Senators.
- Pittsburgh announced that Sidney Crosby will
sit out the next two games after taking a hard hit against Boston on Monday
night. Crosby passed an ImPACT test, but
the team is holding him out anyway as a precautionary measure.
- Vancouver forward David Booth is out
four-to-six weeks with an MCL sprain.
- Ottawa defenseman Filip Kuba is out
three-to-four weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Calgary backup goalie Henrik Karlsson is out
six-to-eight weeks with a knee injury.
- Dallas’s Mark Fistric was suspended
three games for charging Nino Niederreiter.
- Dallas traded Krys
Barch and a sixth-round pick to Florida Jake Hauswirth and a
- St. Louis sent former Rangers’ prospect Evgeny Grachev to the
- Check out this awesome video put out by the NHL showcasing
the league’s “Situation Room” where league officials determine if goals
should count or not.
- Bernie Parent will play goalie for the Flyers in the Winter
Classic alumni game and is breaking
out his mask from 1974 for the contest.
- There are 12 games on the schedule
tonight. Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia
will be on the NHL Network at 7:00 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
12/8/11 – Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.