The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Los Angeles lost
its fourth straight game on Saturday, 2-1 at the hands of Dallas. The Kings have lost seven of their last nine
and don’t look anything like the Stanley Cup contender many expected them to
be. The Kings have the league’s worst
offense despite adding Mike Richards and Simon Gagne this summer. As a result, Coach Terry Murray appears to be
on the hot seat and there are rumors
that he could be fired early this week.
- Patrick Sharp scored yet another overtime game-winner
yesterday as Chicago topped San Jose 3-2.
- Washington defenseman Dennis Wideman recorded a hat trick on
Friday, but the scoring on his third goal was changed and he ended up with an
assist instead. Wideman factored into
all four goals as Washington beat Toronto 4-2.
- Ryan Kesler scored twice and added an assist on Saturday to
push Vancouver over Ottawa 4-1.
- Niklas Backstrom made 35 saves on Saturday to help Minnesota
top Phoenix 4-1. The Wild has won seven
straight on the road.
- On Saturday Miikka Kiprusoff posted a 21-save shutout of
Edmonton and was aided by two goals from Jarome Iginla.
- Philadelphia scored twice on the power play on Saturday to
top Tampa Bay 5-2. The Flyers have
scored seven times on the man advantage in five December games. They scored seven power play goals in all
- On Friday Carolina traded defenseman Tomas Kaberle to
Montreal for Jaroslav Spacek.
Hurricanes’ GM Jim Rutherford said he “should
have known better” than to sign Kaberle this summer.
- The Flyers announced that Chris Pronger is suffering from
concussion-like symptoms and will be out indefinitely. Perhaps
of greater concern to Philadelphia is that Claude Giroux left Saturday’s game after
being kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds.
- Carolina sophomore Jeff Skinner is out
with an undisclosed injury.
- Los Angeles placed
forward Ethan Moreau on waivers on Friday to make room for defenseman
Willie Mitchell. Moreau cleared waivers
and was sent to
Manchester of the AHL.
- Tampa Bay forward Steve Downie is expected to be fined for
jumping off the bench to chase Artem Anisimov during Thursday’s game, but he
likely won’t be suspended.
- Edmonton defenseman Andy Sutton was suspended
eight games for his hit on Alexei Ponikarovsky last week.
- Calgary assigned former Rangers’ prospect Roman Horak to the
- Enigmatic forward Nikita Filatov will
return to Russia rather than play in the AHL. Ottawa still controls his rights.
- Goalie Marty Turco has signed
with EC Red Bull Salzburg of Austria.
- There is just one game on the schedule
tonight. New Jersey @ Tampa Bay will
be broadcast on Versus at 7:00 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
12/12/11 – Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.