The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- The Philadelphia Flyers announced that captain Chris Pronger is out
for the remainder of the season and the playoffs with severe post-concussion
syndrome. That’s an extremely long-term
diagnosis, as we’ve seen with Marc Staal and Sidney Crosby teams typically treat
concussions on a week-to-week basis. But
Pronger has suffered multiple injuries in the past and is getting up there in
age. This injury could be career-threatening.
- Despite the Pronger news, Philadelphia notched its seventh
straight win - a 4-3 victory over Montreal.
The win streak is the Flyers’ longest since January 2002 when
they won eight in a row.
Philadelphia leads the league with
12 road wins. Louis Leblanc scored
his first career goal for the Canadiens but was rewarded with
just 49 seconds of ice-time in the third period.
- Rookie Drayson Bowman scored twice to push Carolina over
Vancouver 4-3. Check out this ridiculous
save by Cam Ward on Keith Ballard from the contest.
- San Jose rallied from a 4-2 deficit with three third period
goals to upend Colorado 5-4. Paul
Stastny scored twice for the Avalanche.
- Los Angeles topped Columbus 2-1 to snap a five-game losing
streak. The victory was John Stevens’
first as interim head coach.
- Steven Stamkos scored the overtime game-winner as Tampa Bay edged
- Nashville played its ninth
one-goal game in a row and beat Detroit 4-3. The Predators have won six of those games. Shea Weber potted two goals for Nashville.
- Alex Ovechkin’s goal was the only tally the Capitals needed
as Michal Neuvirth blanked the Jets 1-0.
- Taylor Hall scored twice in his return to Edmonton’s lineup
but the Oilers fell to Phoenix 4-2.
- The Blues’ victory over New York gave them a league-leading
12 victories on home ice.
- Islanders’ forward Brian Rolston is also out
with a concussion.
- Darren Dreger reports that Kyle Turris could get
traded today. Calgary has been the
most interested team according to most reports.
- New Jersey will retire Scott Niedermayer’s number tonight. Travis Zajac will return to the Devils' lineup.
- There are five games on the schedule
tonight. None will be nationally
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
– Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
– Kings Fire Terry Murray >
– “24/7” Debuts Tonight >
– Concussions Galore >
12/16/11 – Pronger Out For The Year >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.