- Anton Stralman has played 20+ minutes in each of his last
two games. Jeff Woywitka has not done
that this season and Steve Eminger has just one 20+ minute game.
- Brad Richards has four game-winners this year to lead the
Rangers. Last season Ryan Callahan led
the club with five GWG.
- Marian Gaborik has 17 goals and 10 assists and is on pace for 46
goals and 27 assists this season.
- Brandon Dubinsky has just one goal in 30 games. Brian Boyle has just two goals.
- Michael Del Zotto has pulled away from the pack and is
a team-leading plus-15. Mike Sauer is next at plus-9.
- Del Zotto has 10 points (one goal, nine assists) in his last
- Ruslan Fedotenko, Brandon Prust and Brad Richards are
the only Rangers’ regulars with minus-ratings this season.
- Brandon Prust is seventh
in the league with 66 penalty minutes.
- Ryan Callahan is fourth
in the NHL with 104 hits.
- Dan Girardi is fourth in the NHL with
83 blocked shots.
- Girardi leads all players in average ice-time, at 27:35 per
- Henrik Lundqvist ranks fifth in the NHL with
a .932 save percentage. Lundqvist is eighth in the NHL with
a 2.07 goals against average.
Marty Biron has a .934 save percentage and a 1.87 goals against average.
- The Rangers are 11 for their last 47 on the power play. They are 18 for their last 19 on the penalty kill.
- The Rangers are 11-0-2 when leading after two periods this
- No team has fewer regulation losses than the Blueshirts (8).
- The Blueshirts are on pace for 109 points. A year ago,
Washington won the Eastern Conference with 107 points.
- New York ranks fourth in the league in goals against per
game, 10th in goals for, fifth on the penalty kill and 20th on the power play.
- New York is 8-3-2 at home this season and 10-5-2 on the
- The Rangers have played fewer games than every team in the
league (the Islanders and Sharks have also played just 30 games).
- Three teams have a better goal differential than New York’s
+20. The Bruins are a league-best +47. Columbus is a league-worst
- The Rangers are 8-3-1 since recalling Carl
Hagelin and John Mitchell. New York is 11-3-1 with Sean
Avery in the lineup and 18-5-1 with Jeff Woywitka in the lineup.
- New York has 442 penalty minutes this season, sixth-most
in the league.
- The Rangers have allowed just 26 goals on home ice
this season, the fewest
in the league.
- New York ranks 14th
in the NHL in faceoff win percentage at 49.8%. New York is 45-80 at the faceoff dot over its
last two games. Brad Richards is just
- New York has allowed just 19 first period goals this
in the NHL. But the Rangers have also scored just 17 first period
goals this year, second-fewest
in the NHL.
- New York has scored the NHL’s third-most
goals in the second period this season (37).
- The Rangers have allowed the second-fewest
third period goals in the league (22).
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.