The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Washington forward Mike Knuble will play in his 1,000th
career game tonight. At 39 years and 169 days old, Knuble is the
second-oldest player to skate in his 1,000th game, trailing
just Grant Ledyard (40 years, 23 days).
Believe it or not, Knuble has scored more goals in his 30s (221) than The
Great One himself (188). Prior to
turning 30-years-old Knuble hadn’t scored more than 15 goals in a season.
- Dallas blew a three-goal lead but still managed to upend
Anaheim 5-3. Stars’ forward Eric Nystrom notched his 11th goal of the season in just 26 games, matching
a career high. Teemu Selanne posted
a goal and an assist for the Ducks, extending his point streak to nine
games. That ties Chicago forward Patrick
the longest streak in the league this season.
- Jimmy Howard became the first
goalie to 20 wins this year as Detroit topped Edmonton 3-2.
- Boston won its fifth consecutive game and retook the Eastern
Conference lead with a 3-2 victory over Montreal.
- Former Ranger Jed Ortmeyer played his first game of the year
for Minnesota, but the Wild were shutout by Vancouver 4-0. Each of the Sedin twins had three points for
- Dustin Brown’s shootout goal pushed Los Angeles over Toronto
3-2, giving interim coach John Stevens his first and only win with the
Kings. Darryl Sutter will be behind the
bench on Thursday.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s shootout winner drove Colorado to a 3-2
victory over the Flyers.
- Boston forward Milan Lucic was suspended
one game for his hit from behind on Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo on Saturday.
- Calgary forward Rene Bourque was suspended
two games for his illegal check on Brent Seabrook.
- Toronto forward Colby Armstrong is out
with a concussion.
- Vancouver defenseman Aaron Rome will be out three-to-four
a broken thumb.
- Minnesota signed 2011 first-round pick Zack Phillips to an entry-level
- Montreal interim coach Randy Cunneyworth has come under fire
in the city because he can’t speak French, so Canadiens’ owner Geoff Molson came
to his defense yesterday.
- Here’s Ilya Bryzgalov’s Winter
- There are seven games on the schedule
tonight. Chicago will visit
Pittsburgh at 7:30 p.m. on Versus.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
– Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
– Kings Fire Terry Murray >
– “24/7” Debuts Tonight >
– Concussions Galore >
– Pronger Out For The Year >
– More Coaching Changes - Montreal Fires Martin, Sutter Takes Over In L.A. >
12/20/11 – Knuble To Play In 1000th Game Tonight >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.