The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Claude Giroux returned to Philadelphia’s lineup after a
four-game absence due to a concussion.
Giroux posted four points and recaptured the NHL’s scoring lead to motor
the Flyers to a 4-1 victory over Dallas.
Jaromir Jagr scored his 657th career goal in the contest, passing
Brendan Shanahan for 11th on the all-time scoring list. Next up is Luc Robitaille at 668. Flyers coach Peter Laviolette and Stars
forward Steve Ott had a brief
altercation in the tunnel during first intermission.
- St. Louis goalie Brian Elliott had allowed more than two
goals in a game just once in 15 starts this year, but Colorado scored twice in
the first five minutes against him last night. The Avalanche went on to win 3-2, stretching
their home winning streak to seven games.
- San Jose scored five times in the first period to cruise to
a 7-2 victory over Tampa Bay. Logan
Couture had two goals for the Sharks and Martin St. Louis scored in his return
for the Lightning. Tampa’s goalie
situation continues to be a major problem.
- After briefly losing hold of the starting job in Chicago,
Corey Crawford made 20 saves to backstop the Blackhawks to a 5-1 victory over
- Phoenix fell behind 3-1 to Carolina but the Coyotes came all
the way back to win 4-3 as former Ranger Lauri Korpikoski scored the
- Vancouver topped Detroit 4-2 and is 12-2-1 in its last 15
games. Niklas Kronwall destroyed
Ryan Kesler in the contest.
- Toronto recalled
top prospect Nazem Kadri.
- Montreal signed forward Michael Bournival to a
- Goalie Al Montoya and forward David Ullstrom joined Steve
Staios and Brian Rolston on
the shelf with concussions for the Islanders.
- Here is who
will represent Team USA at the upcoming World Junior Championships.
- Puck Daddy ranks the top
10 shootout goals of 2011.
- There are eight games on the schedule tonight, but
none will be nationally televised.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
– Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
– Kings Fire Terry Murray >
– “24/7” Debuts Tonight >
– Concussions Galore >
– Pronger Out For The Year >
– More Coaching Changes - Montreal Fires Martin, Sutter Takes Over In L.A. >
– Knuble To Play In 1000th Game Tonight >
– Evgeni Malkin On Fire In Sidney Crosby’s Absence >
12/22/11 – Giroux Posts Four Points In Return From Concussion
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.