The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- James Reimer made 40 saves and Phil Kessel scored his 20th
goal of the season to steer Toronto to a 3-2 victory over Buffalo, snapping the
Leafs’ three-game losing streak. Kessel
is in a four-way tie with Jonathan Toews, Steven Stamkos and Marian Gaborik for
the goal-scoring lead. This is his
fourth consecutive season with
- For the second straight game newly acquired forward Kyle
on an overtime game-winner to push Ottawa past Florida 4-3. Bobby Butler got the winner and Daniel Alfredsson tallied three points. The Senators have
won three straight.
- Darryl Sutter guided Los Angeles to a 3-2 shootout win over Anaheim
in his first game as coach of the Kings.
Mike Richards scored in his return to the Kings’ lineup.
- Jeff Carter’s first period hat trick wasn’t enough for
Columbus as the Blue Jackets blew a 4-1 lead and eventually lost to Nashville
6-5. Martin Erat capped the comeback
with nine seconds left in regulation.
Rookie Ryan Johansen also scored twice for Columbus.
- Ondrej Pavelec recorded 27 saves to blank Montreal 4-0. Blake Wheeler scored twice for Winnipeg. Interim Montreal coach Randy Cunneyworth made P.K.
Subban a healthy scratch for the contest.
- Curtis Glencross potted two goals as Calgary slipped by
- Sophomore Jordan Eberle scored twice to help Edmonton snap a
four-game losing streak as the Oilers topped Minnesota 4-1. The Wild has lost six in a row and has scored
just seven goals during its losing streak.
- Colorado will start veteran netminder J.S. Giguere again in
net tonight as the Avalanche looks to match a franchise record with its eighth
straight home victory when Colorado hosts Tampa Bay at the Pepsi Center. Giguere has far outplayed Semyon Varlamov,
whom the Avalanche inexplicably acquired for a first-round pick in June.
- Pittsburgh’s Deryk Engelland was suspended
three games for his hit on Chicago’s Marcus Kruger.
- Check out Puck Daddy’s 10
worst hockey bloopers of 2011.
- There are 11 games on the schedule tonight. Flyers @ Rangers will get all the attention,
but Panthers @ Bruins and Kings @ Sharks are two other good matchups.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
– Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
– Kings Fire Terry Murray >
– “24/7” Debuts Tonight >
– Concussions Galore >
– Pronger Out For The Year >
– More Coaching Changes - Montreal Fires Martin, Sutter Takes Over In L.A. >
– Knuble To Play In 1000th Game Tonight >
– Evgeni Malkin On Fire In Sidney Crosby’s Absence >
– Giroux Posts Four Points In Return From Concussion >
12/23/11 – Kessel Joins Four-Way Tie For Goal-Scoring Lead
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.